“Teachers teaching teachers about the power of writing”
The Seven Valleys Writing Project (7VWP), headquartered at SUNY Cortland, is the regional branch of the National Writing Project (NWP). The NWP is a network of affiliated sites committed to strengthening classroom instruction by fostering teacher capacity and leadership. We are educators representing all disciplines, Pre-K through higher education. We offer programs for both novice and experienced teachers throughout Central New York. We seek to improve student achievement and teacher empowerment by providing powerful learning and leadership opportunities focused on writing to learn.
7VWP believes that:
1) Writing is a powerful tool for learning and thinking in all content areas and age groups
2) Writing creates thoughtful, collaborative communities
3) Writing is powerful in many forms, lengths, genres, and media
4) Excellent teachers are powerful teachers of their adult colleagues
5) The best teachers of writing are those who write